- PEEK®, or polyether ether ketone, is one type of engineering thermoplastics with excellent temperature resistance.
- PEEK® is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic with excellent mechanical and chemical resistance properties that are retained to high temperatures.
- PEEK® is a rigid plastic with high tensile strength.
- PEEK® is unaffected by hot water and steam.
- PEEK® has excellent electrical properties.
- PEEK® is a high temperature material and a fire resistant material.
- PEEK® has strong abrasion resistance and is chemical resistant.
- PEEK® is hydrolysis resistant or resistant to water attack.
- Concentrated sulfuric acid is the only general purpose chemical in which PEEK®
- can be dissolved.
- Because of its robustness, PEEK® is used to fabricate fasteners used in demanding applications, including piston parts, pumps, and compressor plate valves.
- PEEK® is also used in the manufacture of semiconductor equipment and medical implants produced in the modular cleanroom.
- PEEK® is lightweight, and has a low specific gravity with 1/5-1/6th the weight of metal.
E&T Fasteners has fabricated a variety of fasteners in PEEK®, including screws in all head styles, hex nuts, washers, spacers, all thread, standoffs, and dowel pins. E&T Fasteners can custom-machine parts to your specifications. PEEK® fasteners have been used to replace aluminum, brass, steel and stainless steel fasteners in a wide variety of applications. PEEK® fasteners are useful for chemical-resistant applications such as Flat Panel Display (FPD), semiconductor production equipment and devices, printed circuit-board etching devices, metal plating equipment, and chemical plants, hot-water pumps and chemical pumps. They are also used in electric and electronic field applications, including transformers and computer machinery.
Glass Filled PEEK is a glass fiber reinforced PEEK (polyetheretherketone) material. It exhibits higher modulus than Virgin PEEK, thus offering more resistance to deformation under load at elevated temperatures. This material is an ideal candidate for many structural component applications carrying high static loads. Glass Filled PEEK is ideal for structural applications that require improved strength, stiffness or stability, especially at temperatures above 300 F.
PEEK® aka polyether ether ketone, is a semi-crystalline polymer that is a super engineering plastic with the highest level of performance. PEEK® is a one of a class of colorless organic polymer thermoplastics used in engineering applications. Concentrated sulfuric acid is the only general purpose chemical in which PEEK® can be dissolved. Moreover, PEEK® has excellent heat resistance, abrasion resistance, flame resistance and hydrolysis resistance, and it is used in various fields like outdoor action equipment, automobiles, semiconductor equipment, and the modular cleanroom to produce medical implants. PEEK®, as one of the engineering thermoplastics, is a rigid plastic with high tensile strength.
The semiconductor fabricator process is well established, but with increased demands on productivity and cost, working with high performance semiconductor equipment materials is critical. Migrations toward larger wafer sizes and higher integrated chip densities have shown a corresponding increase in performance demands. This environment, coupled with increased sensitivity to contamination sources, is driving the use of tight tolerance materials such as PEEK thermoplastics.
Polyether ether ketone, or PEEK®, is naturally tan in color and can be pigmented with a wide range of colors, allowing for easy part identification. What sets PEEK® apart from fluoropolymers is the fact that PEEK® polymer retains its mechanical properties at extremely high temperatures (continuous service temperature of 500ºF/260ºC). Thus, PEEK® is valued as a high temperature material and a fire resistant material.
PEEK® is also valued among engineering thermoplastics, because it is a rigid plastic with high tensile strength. PEEK® is comparable in strength, yet lighter and more cost-effective than stainless steel. PEEK® is weldable, machinable, and can be used with existing stainless steel or polymer fittings. PEEK® can be bonded with epoxies, cyanoacrylates, polyurethanes, or silicones.
As one of a class of colorless organic polymer thermoplastics used in engineering applications, PEEK® is used in different applications in a number of industries, including aerospace, automotive, teletronic, chemical process, and outdoor action equipment. Because of its robustness and high tensile strength as a rigid plastic, PEEK® is used to fasten items for demanding applications. It is one of the few plastics compatible with ultra-high vacuum applications. PEEK® is a heat resistant material; it is also a fire resistant material and a high temperature material. In addition, PEEK® is used industrially for abrasion resistance, flame resistance and hydrolysis resistance.